It is important for you to recognize the characteristics of an unsuitable baby formula . P the origin , if it continues to be forced drink it, this condition will cause symptoms that can interfere with the health of Little.
Not all formula products available on the market are suitable for small children. Some products even cause symptoms or characteristics of infants do not fit the formula. In this case there are two things why Little Person does not match the formula milk that is consumed, that is because allergy to milk formula and also because lactose intolerance.
The characteristics of infants do not fit the formula milk because of allergies and lactose intolerance is sometimes confusing. The symptoms caused by both are similar. However, the two conditions are different. Allergy formula occurs when the immune system of the little one reacts to one of the proteins present in the infant formula. This is a common condition often experienced by infants in the first year of life. While lactose intolerance occurs when Little Person has difficulty digesting lactose, which is a natural sugar found in milk. Generally, lactose intolerance occurs after gastrointestinal infection due to virus or gastroenteritis , and can last about four weeks before the bowel recovers and begins to break down the lactose again.
Know Baby Characteristics Does Not Match Formula Milk d i Here
The characteristics of the infant do not match the formula milk caused by the milk allergy formula include:
- Reactions to the skin such as red rash and itching, or swelling of the lips, face, and around the eyes.
- Digestive problems such as stomach ache , vomiting, colic, diarrhea , constipation, until sometimes bloody chapter.
- Symptoms of allergies such as colds.
- Eczema that does not improve with treatment.
- Respiratory disorders such as wheezing breath, coughing, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or even severe allergic symptoms such as anaphylaxis who need immediate medical treatment.
The infant characteristics do not match the formula milk caused by lactose intolerance include:
- Cramps or pain in the abdomen.
The above symptoms can occur within a few minutes to several hours after drinking formula.
Tips Overcoming Symptoms Infants That Do Not Match the Formula Milk
If your baby is not compatible with formula milk because of milk allergy, then you can prevent allergic reactions occur, among others, with the following steps:
- For those of you who are still breastfeeding or still breast-feeding to the Little, avoid consuming dairy products. Because the protein in the milk you consume will go into breast milk and may cause an allergic reaction to the baby. Do not forget to check the food and beverage label you want to consume, and make sure it does not contain milk. Consult a physician or nutritionist regarding alternative sources of calcium and other essential nutrients to be met, both for you and for the Little Person.
- For Little Who is eating Formula milk , You can consult a doctor or nutritionist related to the replacement of formula milk products that are more suitable for Little. You can replace the formula with the formula hypoallergenic , which is a special amino acid based formula, which can be purchased freely or by a doctor’s prescription.
- Provision of soy milk as a substitute for infant formula with infant formula allergy should be consulted with a doctor. This is because some infants who are allergic to formula milk are also allergic to milk made from soy.
If your baby is not compatible with formula milk because of lactose intolerance, you can cope with it in the following ways:
- Avoid all dairy products and foods containing lactose. Do not forget to check the food label, make sure there is no lactose or milk.
- Consider the reaction that occurs when the symptoms of lactose intolerance occur in Little. Some babies are very sensitive, while other babies can still digest lactose even in small amounts. If Little is very sensitive to lactose, avoid all sources of foods and beverages containing lactose. If it is not too severe, you may still be able to provide a small amount of milk products.
- If you and your baby should avoid dairy products, then make sure the calcium and other nutritional needs are met. Complete foods and beverages Little with a source of calcium such as green vegetables, fruit juice, tofu, broccoli , salmon, and citrus fruits. Do not forget to supplement the nutrients with vitamins A, D, riboflavin , and phosphorus.
- You also can still provide milk to your baby with lactose-free dairy products. Do not forget to consult a doctor or nutritionist associated with suitable formula and essential nutritional needs for your body and Little One.
If Little shows the characteristics of infants who do not fit the formula as mentioned above, then you are advised to stop giving formula and immediately consult a doctor.