There are a variety of high protein foods that you can consume and are beneficial to your health. Beef, seafood , eggs, broccoli, milk, cheese, yogurt, and nuts are protein-rich foods.
High protein food is a source of energy and raw materials for the body that is very useful in repairing damaged cells and produce new cells. Therefore, the intake of high-protein foods is important for growth and development in childhood, adolescence, during pregnancy, recovery after illness, and good for bone health.
Sources of high protein foods are also useful in losing weight. This is because high-protein foods can increase the body’s metabolism so that muscle mass and fat burning increases, and helps the body feel full longer. Thus, not only lose weight, but also can maintain ideal body weight.
Keep in mind, someone with Kidney illness it would be advisable to reduce protein intake, but that does not mean protein can damage a healthy kidney. Some studies show that eating high-protein foods will not damage a normal kidney.
High-protein food sources that you need to consume
1. Animal protein source .
Food sources of protein derived from animals such as meat, eggs, milk, cheese, seafood (boga bahari), and yoghurt.
- Egg. Egg is a high protein food source loaded with vitamins, minerals, unsaturated fats , antioxidants, and nutrients for the brain. Whole eggs contain high levels of protein, but in egg whites contain pure protein. One egg contains about 6 grams of protein, with 78 calories.
- Meat. Skinless chicken breast meat is a protein-rich food with a content of 284 calories and 53 grams of protein. While every 85 grams of lean beef contains 22 grams of protein and 184 calories. Besides that beef is foods rich in iron and vitamin B12.
- Seafood. Meanwhile, seafood such as salmon, tuna and shrimp are protein-rich foods that are also good for heart health because in addition to protein, seafood also contains many omega-3 . Each serving of 85 grams, each salmon, tuna, and shrimp contains 19 grams, 21 grams, and 18 grams of protein. In addition, tuna and shrimp are also included low calorie foods . Tuna contains 98 calories, while shrimp contains 84 calories. This calorie is calculated based on the presentation of 85 grams.
- Milk, cheese, and yogurt. Milk, cheese and yoghurt also contain high protein and contains calcium and vitamin D. Choose skim or low-fat milk to keep bones and teeth strong, and help prevent osteoporosis .
2. Source of vegetable protein .
High-protein food sources of the plant include broccoli, wheat, and beans such as peas, almonds, peanuts, beans, or soybeans, including tofu and tempeh. Not only as a high protein source, broccoli also contains fiber, potassium , vitamin C, and vitamin K, and many contain bioactive nutrients that are believed to protect the body from cancer. Likewise with nuts that contain lots of protein, fiber, and magnesium .
Daily Good Protein Needs For Your Health
Although high-protein foods have health benefits for many, but not everyone needs them excessively. Most people already consume about 15% protein from the total calories of food consumed. This amount is enough to prevent lack of protein . Daily requirement of recommended protein is 46 grams for women and 56 grams for men.
It is important for you to consider the fat content of the high-protein foods you consume. Ideally, you should eat high protein foods that are low in saturated fat. In addition, be careful eating high protein foods with excess amount or portion. The reason, excess protein can cause health problems such as abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, increased risk gout and arthritis, an unhealthy drop in blood pressure, can also lead to dietary changes. And for those of you who are allergic to one protein from certain foods, it is advisable to consult a doctor or nutritionist first.